A location with little infrastructure is a challenge! We are aware of this …
In recent weeks we made calls, wrote requests, got informed about regulations, talked with offices, made field visits and even commissioned a company to spend a week drilling a very, very, very deep hole all in the hopes of providing an on site water supply.
Unfortunately, we have now come to the point where we can no longer continue drilling – having still not found water. This is (a shame/crap/grim)(you choose), we are disappointed and a bit angry that we can’t surprise you in the way we had planned to.
Don’t panic though, here are the facts & plans for this year:
– Carbonated water will be available in bottles at a low price.
– The kitchen will not be left high & dry but will, of course, be supplied with drinking water.
– The troughs used for general washing will have water tanks which will be refilled regularly.
No one needs to go thirsty, food will be prepared properly and hygienically & you can wash if you get dirty.
Other things you can do:
– Anyone who wants to swim can go to the pool in Allstedt, less than 10 minutes away by car. A ticket costs 3€, 1€ after 6p.m.
– Anyone who wants to take a shower can bring a solar shower or a canister to hang in a tree.
– Drivers of caravans and motorhomes, fill your water tanks at home and try to bring other filled containers.
Our recommendation: Bring along your swim wear so you can use the washing troughs or visit the outdoor pool in Allstedt As already mentioned, you can build a shower by yourself, if you want to.
Our new plan means we now need an HGV(heavy goods vehicle) driver who is licenced to drive a tanker. Get in touch via email@example.com.